collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Search

Author Topic: What's in the Glass - Commercial  (Read 449190 times)

Offline Malted

• Beer Nomad
  • Honorary Local
  • Member Rating 90
  • Learning; one glass at a time
Re: What's in the Glass - Commercial
« Reply #3800 on: April 25, 2018, 07:50:27 AM »
I should of been a bit more diplomatic there. But i like it but it isn't amazeballs like. but saying that it is out of the bottle, from the keg could be completely different.
No diplomacy needed, it is your opinion. I agree that it was not amazing but my expectations were not very high. I was expecting it be be as 'crafty' as the James Squire range. I would rather drink it than JS but i will have to sample it more to confirm - i have not seen it around here though.
If it ain't half off, it ain't on sale!

Online Hatchy

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 64
  • Non practicing brewer.
« Reply #3801 on: May 13, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »
The menu at Charminar at Brighton says that they've got a bintang APA. I said that I thought it was a lager given that bogans drink it but ordered one anyway. It isn't as bad as I was expecting, but it's definitely not an APA.
I have nothing interesting to add here.

Online Hatchy

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 64
  • Non practicing brewer.
« Reply #3802 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:39 PM »
Goose Island IPA. Needs more hops.

Online Hatchy

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 64
  • Non practicing brewer.
« Reply #3803 on: May 19, 2018, 02:47:23 PM »
Brewboys have got a hoppy stout on tap at the moment. It's a one keg wonder, so won't be around long. It tasted really similar to the 10 minute stouts that I brewed a few years ago. Old mate looked at me slightly strangely when I told him it tasted like 2012.

Offline ben_sa

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 5
  • Now with 3v!
« Reply #3804 on: June 01, 2018, 02:21:45 PM »
At BB right now. One of the few first midstrength I have enjoyed... Jog on Bitter. 3.5% tasty as but I think a Hoppopotamus is on the cards next to top my bac up after the misso copped a $431 speeding fine on our way to uraidla hotel the other day FML.

Simon is here to... I'll book Hatchy some beers up on his tab
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:24:14 PM by ben_sa »
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer

-Direk

Offline ben_sa

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 5
  • Now with 3v!
« Reply #3805 on: June 01, 2018, 02:23:29 PM »
Photographic evidence
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer

-Direk

Online Hatchy

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 64
  • Non practicing brewer.
« Reply #3806 on: June 01, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »
At BB right now. One of the few first midstrength I have enjoyed... Jog on Bitter. 3.5% tasty as but I think a Hoppopotamus is on the cards next to top my bac up after the misso copped a $431 speeding fine on our way to uraidla hotel the other day FML.

Simon is here to... I'll book Hatchy some beers up on his tab

Jog On is sensational - really handy when I work across the road and live at Hallett Cove.

I haven't had a tab there since Simo sold the place. I also haven't seen him there since he sold the place.

Offline hammer

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 21
« Reply #3807 on: June 08, 2018, 05:48:23 PM »
Just tried the balter xpa and then the IPA. Both cracker beers. Xpa is very Stone and wood pacific ale like. Fruity, easy to drink, great session beer. The IPA has firm bitterness that doesn’t linger for too long. Fruity like the xpa, aroma isn’t anything special. I like it.

Bought through boozeBud - and never again. Poor customer service, first order didn’t arrive. Very slow to answer support emails. I was an unhappy Chappy. However, they did right by me in the end - gave me a refund and placed the order again for me; so 20 free beers.
"Life's too short to lager, but not too short to brine"

Offline hammer

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 21
« Reply #3808 on: June 09, 2018, 07:00:49 PM »
Went to pikes brewing today, had a tasting paddle of Pilsner, pale ale, sparkling ale and stout. $10 for 4 schooners - great value. All beers were quite good - no tippers. Good aroma on the pale ale, stout was ideal for cold weather. Friendly lady behind the bar as well great way to kill 45mins. Clare valley brewing tomorrow

Offline NigeP62

• Friendly Online Brewstore Owner
  • Retailer
  • Member Rating 83
    • Online Brew Store
« Reply #3809 on: June 09, 2018, 11:28:49 PM »
Went to pikes brewing today, had a tasting paddle of Pilsner, pale ale, sparkling ale and stout. $10 for 4 schooners - great value. All beers were quite good - no tippers. Good aroma on the pale ale, stout was ideal for cold weather. Friendly lady behind the bar as well great way to kill 45mins. Clare valley brewing tomorrow
Sevenhill Pub for lunch today.
Couple of Pikes Sparkling Ale with excellent pork belly and a CVBC Stout to finish.
If we get away from my daughter's early enough tomorrow a brewery side trip may be on the cards.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline BobbyD

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 5
« Reply #3810 on: June 10, 2018, 10:42:11 AM »
CVBC have their cellar door at Jenerette now. (Spelling most likely incorrect). The one at Auburn doesn't exist anymore which is a shame.
after two beers I'm anyone's

Offline hammer

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 21
« Reply #3811 on: June 10, 2018, 10:43:18 AM »
CVBC have their cellar door at Jenerette now. (Spelling most likely incorrect). The one at Auburn doesn't exist anymore which is a shame.

I’ll be heading to their new cellar door today

Offline hammer

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 21
« Reply #3812 on: June 10, 2018, 03:41:05 PM »
Just got back from Clare valley brewing. Tried a tasting paddle of the wheat, harvest ale, ipa and stout. Great venue with views of
Gum trees and rolling hills. Beers were all good. Problem was very slow service. It wasn’t that busy, but it took a while to get the paddle. I then stood there for ages to try to buy a pint (360ml wtf??) but got the shits up and left.

Offline BobbyD

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 5
« Reply #3813 on: June 10, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »
Was I right about the location of the cellar door? When I was there beers weren't on tap you could only buy take aways....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Online Doomed

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 32
« Reply #3814 on: June 10, 2018, 08:57:05 PM »
Was I right about the location of the cellar door? When I was there beers weren't on tap you could only buy take aways....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yes, they share a cellar door with Jeanneret wines but now it is a new bar/cellar door set up.  Very nice, as Hammer says, lovely views over the small valley. Beer on tap now from memory...

Offline BobbyD

• SA Locals
  • Member Rating 5
« Reply #3815 on: June 11, 2018, 08:12:02 AM »
Sounds great! I take the family up to CV each year so I'll have to check it out next time.